Print Ready Artwork
Please supply your artwork as the following
• Press pdf file
• Separate pdf files for different designs eg front and backs (clearly label each file)
• Size 105mm x 105mm includes 5mm bleed
• 5mm bleed
• Document fonts converted to outlines
• Take off all crop marks, die lines and colour bars
• Black text set to overprint
• Rich black solids: c:60 m:60 y:60 k:100
• Font sizes no smaller than 7pt recommended
• Reverse white text / thin lines recommended to be bolded
• Make sure all links are embedded
• Images used must be 300d
• CMYK colours only present - unless spot colour job
• Spot colour jobs - Uncoated Pantone colours only
For all colour comparisons please refer to a Uncoated Pantone swatch book
Drink coasters are printed on an uncoated absorbent beermat board
Beermat board is an off white colour, very different to gloss cards / flyers / plain office paper
Printed drink coasters are a matt uncoated finish
CMYK process inks are very different to spot colour inks.
CMYK inks are transparent inks that lay over the top of one another to give you the full colour result
Spot coloured inks are solid pigment inks
Spot Colour Printing
Please note the minimum order for spot colour printing is 5,000.
Please make sure the spot colour is selected using the Uncoated Pantone swatch book.
Coated and Uncoated Pantone swatches of the same colour can be very different due to the difference in medium that the colour is printed on. You may need to re select the uncoated version based on how you want the finished print. *
Pastel Spot Colours
Please advise us if you intend to print using a Pastel Uncoated Pantone spot colour. Due to the amount of transparent white ink used to mix these spot colours, the pigment of the colour can be subject to the effects of UV and daylight - other name for it is called Burnout. We can not control the effects of burnout change, therefore there are many pastel uncoated spot colours we can not print on beermat board.*
Photos reproduce best with higher contrast.
Brighten colours, make them clean by checking the cmyk percentages.
We recommend checking colour comparisons with a Uncoated Pantone swatch book.
They are available in CMYK and spot colour break downs for accurate colour reviewing.
You can also electronically convert an uncoated spot colour to cmyk to see what its percentages will be. It won’t reproduce exactly the same as the spot uncoated colour but it will be closer to the colour your trying to achieve.*
* DO NOT COMPARE PRINTED DRINK COASTER TO AN ON SCREEN DIGITAL COMPUTER IMAGE.
A COMPUTER IMAGE IS MADE UP OF RGB COLOUR. IT IS AN ELECTRONIC DIGITAL IMAGE, NOT PRINTED.
NOTE ALL COMPUTER SCREENS VARY AND MAY NOT BE CALIBRATED.
WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ART ERRORS WITH ALL SUPPLIED ART FILES.
PLEASE CHECK THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE SENDING THEM THROUGH.
Please email art to: email@example.com
If you have any queries, please call us, we are more than happy to help. Phone: 02 6686 6936